PGA Honor Code
Pine Grove Academy Honor Code
The purpose of the Pine Grove Academy Honor Code is to provide a guideline that assists
students in becoming better disciples of Christ and to establish a standard of excellence in
our school. It is expected that students will uphold the following standards of behavior and
the following policies:
1. Treat all students and adults with respect.
2. Be honest and truthful at all times and in all situations.
3. Accept corrections respectfully.
4. Display a positive and willing attitude towards learning.
5. Treat the building with respect. Do your part to keep all parts of the school, including the bathroom,
clean and tidy.
6. Walk in the academy and use inside voices.
7. Clean up after yourself at lunch, and keep your workspace tidy in the classroom.
8. Food is to be eaten during lunch & designated snack times except for special circumstances.
9. Arrive at school on time (by 8:57 am) so as not to disrupt the class and teacher by walking in late.
10. Cellphones, ipods, tablets, earbuds and other devices are to be left in backpacks and not used
during the school day (9:00 am-2:00 pm) except when directed by the teacher for learning and enrichment.
11. Toys or any other gadgets are not to be brought from home.
12. Come prepared to learn.
“Character is the aim of true education; and science, history, and literature are but
means used to accomplish the desired end. Character is not the result of chance
work but of continuous right thinking and right acting.”
— David O. McKay — David O. McKay